sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

Present n' Past Participle


We can use -ing and -ed forms:

1. Combined with other words to make participle clauses.
Because I was thinking what was wrong with him, I crashed my car.

Thinking what was wrong whit him, I crashed my car.

2. Aferter nouns to make reduced relative clauses
Ask the girl who is talking on the microphone.
Ask the girl talking on the microphone.
.
3. After conjunctions and prepositions
After eating dinner, I like to take a nap.
When visiting a place, I like to take a camara  with me.
.
4. Participles generally come before the noun they modify. They may also be linked to the subject of the sentence by a linking verb such as to be or to feel.
The park is a frightening place at night.
Steve felt frightened as he walked alone in the park at night.
.
5. As an adjective, a present participle modifies a noun that affects someone or something else.
The new song was interesting.
The book that I bought is so boring.
.
6. As an adjective, a past participle modifies a noun that is affected by someone or something else.
The fans are interested in the new song.
The fans were interested in the new song.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario